The only point of entry to Arnold House is at age 5+ entering Year 1. The 36 to 38 boys joining the School are placed in one of two parallel classes. The School is over-subscribed and parents need to register their son between his first and second birthday.
Sequence of Events:
- Between your son's first and second birthday, please e-mail the Registrar (email@example.com) to obtain an application form and further information. Please give your name, your postal address, your son's name and his date of birth.
- All application forms should be completed and returned before your son's second birthday along with a registration fee of £100.
- All registered parents are invited to visit the School on one of three Open Evenings held in April/May, roughly two and a half years prior to the September entry date e.g. April/May 2015 for entry in September 2017.
- Parents wishing to proceed with their application following an Open Evening visit, have the opportunity of meeting the Headmaster for a twenty minute interview to discuss their educational aspirations and to find out more about Arnold House.
- Each boy is then invited to the School for a brief and informal one-to-one assessment lasting between 10 and 15 minutes. The School will request a confidential reference from a boy’s nursery school prior to the assessment day.
- Information collated from the interview, the boy’s assessment and confidential nursery school report provide the basis on which an offer is made. Offers are made approximately fifteen months before the proposed September entry date, e.g. June 2016 for entry in September 2017.
- Whilst places are not guaranteed, younger siblings, whose parents remain fully committed to the ethos and values of the School are looked upon favourably, as are the sons of Arnold House old boys.