The Arnold House Classics Department offers Latin to all pupils between Years 5 and 8 and Ancient Greek for some in Years 7 and 8. Pupils are prepared for either Common Entrance or scholarship to senior schools.
The department aims to:
- To foster an interest and to increase the awareness of the classical world around us
- To introduce pupils to the great myths of the Greek and Roman world
- To make pupils aware of classical roots in English and the Romance languages
- To increase pupils’ knowledge of English grammar and their general word–power
- To help pupils think in a logical way