The Arnold House Classics Department offers Latin to all pupils between Years 5 and 8 and Greek for some in Years 7 and 8.
Pupils are prepared for either Common Entrance or Scholarship to Senior School.
Lessons and activities are designed so as to help boys:
- develop an understanding of the development of culture and language
- understand the historical timeline of the Greek and Roman civilisations
- appreciate the profound influence of the Graeco-Roman world on Western languages and culture
- analyse language structure and think in a logical way
- develop accuracy and precision in expressing themselves and when editing texts
- enrich vocabulary and improve spelling